Cook Perfect Basmati Rice without Soaking in 20 minutes
1. Measure 1 cup of rice and transfer it to a bowl.
2. Pour water until the rice is completely submerged. Use your hand and swirl to move the rice grains around. Discard the cloudy water from the pot.
3. Repeat the process 2-3 times or until the water is clear.
4. After the last rinse, add 1.5 cups of fresh water, 1/2 tsp oil, and salt. Give a good mix.
Place the bowl inside the pressure cooker.
5. Close the pressure cooker lid securely, ensuring it is tightly sealed.
Cook for exactly 3 whistles over a high flame.
6. After 3 whistles, turn off the heat and wait for the pressure from the cooker to be released naturally.
7. Fluff the rice gently with a ladle or fork.
Basmati Rice is ready. Serve it along with a side dish of your choice.